Thursday, November 12, 2009

Toban Nichols

This guy is amazing. I was feeling homesick, while waiting for the 49ers game to start, so I went online to read San Francisco Magazine. San Francisco Magazine is great because it always inspires a flurry of creative internet research, and this time was no different. I found this article on the SFist website. The artist, Toban Nicols is a San Francisco native who is currently working in LA. He is also part of a group show at David Cunningham Projects, in San Francisco, which opened last night. Normally I would sort of scan this article with mild interest. O yes another San Franciscan who has gone to the dark side - L.A., but then this quote about Nichols earlier work caught my attention,

He has a phenomenal series that use TV-culled images of Barbara Walter,
Suzanne Sommers, and Agnes Moorehead, just to name a few, that doesn't come off as mere camp.


Um excuse me?!! So I of course clicked on the link, like, you should do now...

Yea he's AMAZING!

I love the Tyras

1 comment:

Toban Nichols said...

Thank You very very much Liza, you're wonderful!