Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK - I Have a Dream

CNN aired the I Have Dream Speech today. I watched it and tears streamed down my face. I am not like a lot of progressive Americans, I have serious reservations about Barrack, but that does not change the significance of this moment in history. Martin Luther King's words 40 plus years ago still resonate, and make tomorrow all the more poignant.



Democracy Now
also celebrated Martin Luther King today with a clip from Beyond Vietnam, Dr. King's speech from 1967, which he delivered at New York's Riverside Church. Below is that speech in its entirety. I had never heard it before, and I think it speaks even more to the evils that plague the nation today.









Can we truly believe that Obama is the leader to fulfill Dr. King's great hopes for us as a people?

No comments: