Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Manhattan by Midnight

So I finally made it down to NYC. I got in on Monday morning and went straight to Joe's at 49th and 9th. I’m here stage managing a reading of Wood, a new musical by the NYU graduate writing duo, Dan Collins and Julianne Wick Davis. The show is amazing. The music is super sophisticated, and very difficult. I am totally impressed by the cast, which includes: Jason Michael Snow, currently starring in Saved Off-Broadway, Sally Wilfert, Joe Cassidy, Adam Heller and Kate Wetherhead, just to name a few. Most of the cast are performing in other shows both on Broadway and Off, and yet they still make it to rehearsal everyday for this reading. The dedication is impressive. I am thrilled to be a part of the show, and I am hoping that Dan and Julianne come up to Toronto to stage a reading there. I’ll try to be better at updating you guys for the next week or so. But until I get back to Toronto posts will probably be sparse. Don’t worry though cause I’m getting lots of good blog material.

No comments: