Tuesday, June 17, 2008

YouMom

My parents moved to Geneva, Switzerland almost six months ago, because my Mom became the Deputy Director for International Bridges to Justice. IBJ is an NGO committed to legal reform in the developing world. They have focused a lot on China and Southeast Asia, but my mother recently returned from The Republic of Burundi, a small country in central Africa, and they are hoping to establish links in India and Central America. The above clip is from her trip to Beijing earlier this year. She is speaking to a group of lawyers about lawyer/client relationships, and how to best defend a individual that you do not know, nor likely understand. The clip starts out a little "soft t torture" but it picks up. I was mostly just glad to see her on YouTube, since I don't get to see her in person enough. If you want to see the clip on YouTube enter Jean Amabile and IBJ. Also check out the IBJ blog at blog.ibj.org.

No comments: