Thursday, June 5, 2008

another Day another Dollar

Yesterday morning on my way to rehearsal at NYU's graduate musical theatre writing centre - 113A 2nd ave, I passed a newsprint store with the latest edition of Fantastic Man. Since I'm on vacation, ahem working, I thought I'd splurg. I am not in love with the new format. I think the old cover paper, which had a more matte finish was much more elegant, but that's an aside. Not only was Tobais Meyer, the head of contemporary art at Sotheby's featured, so was this guy. His name is Scott Schuman, and he is dreamy. His blog www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com, is amazing. I don't know how I didn't know about him. Not only are his photographs stunning, and his sense of style nearly impecable, but he is quoted as saying that as far as his tastes in casual style are concerned nothing beats American - Levi's and Brooks Brothers. Anyway, I was in love with my Fantastic Man all day, I even took it out to show it to Virgina when she and I met her mother at MOMA to see Alfie, (the original ) this evening. Devastatingly, and much like in the movie my enthusiasm and over attention lost me my Fantastic Man when I left it behind, but I am so glad that I now know about Mr. Schuman I almost feel like it was woth it. Even more so because I think I am going to replace it today...

No comments: