Friday, June 6, 2008

title of show

">

[Title of Show], which opens at the Lyceum Theatre in July, is the shit! It's a musical about writing musicals and living the Broadway dream. And these guys not only wrote it they did it. The show is brilliant; I have no doubt that it will be a smash hit, get nominated for and probably win the Tony. What really impresses me though, is their ability to develop this project on every level. They're master marketers and clearly understand the power of promotion. This clip from their video blog, which has chronicled their journey, is hilarious. I mean how did they know? I have been dying to do a series exactly like this, and Susan is genius in it. I almost died laughing when they did the infamous song scrawl towards the end. These guys are taking musical theatre to the next level with their wit and resourcefulness. They are revolutionizing theatre and how to present it to the audience. I also love that they call their fans TOSers, as in, Title of Show-ers. Kudoos!

No comments: