Saturday, December 12, 2009

If I grew up playing hockey I'd be rich

Sharif offered to take me to my first Leaf's game, you know since I took him to Battle of the Blades. Obviously a fair trade. Actually I think he took me because we both took the LSATs last weekend.


I know I am lucky that my first NHL game was a Leafs game. In the presence of Greatness.


Arriving at the ACC. I kept wanting to stop for snacks. I mean they have a Cinnabon in Union Station. That is like torture for me. But Sharif insisted that we get inside.


And good thing too. Because as we were coming into the Air Canada Centre I was checking out these two dudes in Maple Leaf Blue valour track suits. And I remember I was thinking "man I want one of those(the tracksuits people,)" and at that moment one of them locked eyes on me and bee-lined right towards us as we started down the hallway.
"Hey," he says, "do you want to shoot the puck from centre ice for 1,000 bucks during the first intermission."
"um, fuck yea!"

While I squealed like a girl Sharif got us to our seats for the start of the game.


1st period action.


Go Leaf's Go!

Lauren lent me her jersey. Don't we look cute? Beauchemin scored, so we were up 1-0 when we left our seats for my 15 minutes of fame.


We missed the White goal, but the Leafs were up 2-0 while we waited rink side before my shot


check it out!!!!!!!!!


Carlton and Me


Don't I look professional in my pro-line jersey? Those two dudes and I were the shooters. And that guy on my left actually ended up making both the 250$ and the 1,000$ shots! And he had already won a blue ray player. Lucky night. He bought some 50 50 tickets afterwards I think.


Thank god when this chick asked me where I was from I said San Francisco so that when I missed the net miserably I had an excuse. I was not her biggest fan though, because she warned me ON the JUMBOTRON not to "... fall down,"
"um don't be a bitch!."


Can you believe this shit! I was so excited


Sidney Crosby is that you?


Sharif did a great job capturing my moment in the sun. I only wish he had gotten a picture of my face on the Jumbotron.


that's me taking my shot. I can see why I didn't make it, since I was facing the corner instead of the net, but I did my best considering I have never held a hockey stick before. (Click on the images to enlarge... because I am worth it.)


so funny. Canadians are so nice too. At least two sweet older ladies gave me the good shot hug when we got back to our seats. Speaking of which...


"hey bud, workin' eh?"

property


Maple Leaf bathroom tiles. Could be an idea


ran into the best outfits of the night on a couple of youth.


they agreed to take a picture with me once they realised I was FAMOUS.


thanks sharif!


back to the action. It was a great game! Leafs looked good. Toskala kept is 2-1 and stopped eight for a scoreless 2nd period.


It got intense in the 3rd when Tavares, that bum, scored his second of the night. 2-2. But Blake scored with minutes left in the game and the Leafs held on to win 3-2.


Once victory was assured


Bums

despicable


true men!


After the game Beef and I went to the Irish Embassy. Still one of my favourites in TO


not sure we needed this last round.


we accidentally broke one of my prizes. But it is OK, cause we didn't actually know what it was.


"You devoured that..."
"Um don't be a bitch... again"


Thanks Beef... This is the BEST Christmas ever! And you aren't even Christian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite blog post ever. it was so funny and amazing. good work lady! am so excited for the motorcycle show post, i know its going to be spectacular.