Wednesday, September 30, 2009

There's no place like home

Tomorrow's my birthday which makes me nostalgic, obviously. And when I get nostalgic I think of only one place....



It's funny because when I lived in San Francisco I didn't experience seasons like we do here in Toronto. But since I've lived here my birthday has also been how I associate our shift into fall/winter. (Hello, did anyone else see a few flakes of snow today, pretty sure I did!) And believe me I have never seen anyone skiing in San Francisco before, but if it actually snowed there I am sure we'd have the bomb ass mountains, right downtown. Anyway, when I got home I saw the bellow ad for California on TV and I had to smile to myself. These ridiculous California tourism propaganda videos are great.



And check out this older one where Arnold gives the punchline, "only one question ... when can you start." Just remember you have to read that with an Austrian accent.

No comments: