Monday, October 6, 2008

This image sums it up for me



In thinking about the upcoming US election I urge all of those on the fence to consider the role the heartbeat job. Especially given Dick Cheney's hijacking of the White House to push his own agenda. I firmly believe that history will condemn Dick Cheney as the most evil Republican of all times, more evil than G.W. Bush, Reagan, Nixon or Kissinger. We'll probably have to wait the full twenty-five years, which is the hold time on confidential documents by the Library of Congress, before the truth about this administration comes out. The really juicy stuff rarely gets released before the hold date. But it will be worth it just to know all of the corrupt and conspiratorial shenanigans that Dickers has been up to.

Now to this election. Palin may be sexy, and Tina Fey might makes her seem almost endearing, but this is a woman who believes that the bible should be interpreted as fact, while the Constitution should be open to all kinds of interpretations. Particularly the idea the the Vice-Presidency should also be considered part of the legislative branch and be able to actively influence Congress? What the F. This is despite the fact that the Constitution clearly says the Vice-President's only legislative authority is in the act of breaking a stalemate. And Joe Bidden, here's a guy who was outspoken in his support of John McCain as a possible running mate for John Kerry in 2004. Great he looks like he is really going to challenge the status-quo on Capital Hill. He's got no spine and is a total career Congressmen, doing any and only what it takes to stay in office.

Some progressives might argue that the least worst is the best, but that is just not my opinion. I know there are many out there who think like I do, but wont say or do anything about it. To them I say, boy it sucks to be you, voting not as a citizen but as a politician. I feel blessed to vote in the great State of California, a State that barring some sort of electoral calamity will go to the best of the worst in November, and I can vote my conscience without guilt. If I had to be a politician voter in some swing state like Pennsylvania or Ohio I don't what I'd do.

I suppose we can all sleep a little easier at night knowing that who ever gets elected wont be bringing Dick back with them. But somehow I think he will continue to haunt this world with his considerable evil authority.

No comments: