Monday, October 25, 2010

My favourite transgender is in the New York Times

Theresa Sparks, of the San Francisco Human Rights Commission, and former CEO of Good Vibrations, is running for City Supervisor. And according to the paper of authority She's gonna win. I first came to admire Ms. Sparks when my mother was up for the Commissioner position at the Office of Citizen Complaints, a police oversight board. That's right she was gonna be the COCC. Theresa was part of the hiring committee and mum told me all about her. I had originally assumed she was black, I mean Theresa Sparks kinda sounds black. But my affection for her has not been diminished by learning that instead she is a WASP-Y type with an affinity for right-leaning social values - anti-loitering anyone? Way to go T-Sparks!

No comments: