Friday, August 20, 2010

Where all my Kiwis at?


Like all good bloggers I use Google Analytics to track my viewership. Don't worry I can't see you. But I almost can. Google Analytics has totally altered the way I think about my audience online. By far my favourite features are the maps. It is always fun to go through the maps and see where people around the world, who check out the property spot, are from. Oddly, where ever I happen to be tends to have the highest rate of viewership, interesting eh? Maybe it is just me. Actually, that is not true. The US and Canada tend to dominate in the overall countries race, no matter where I am. But I did notice a larger viewership in Asia when I was there. Another interesting feature, which provides me with minutes of entertainment daily, is the google keyword searches. With keyword searches I can tell what, people, who have visited the blog from search engines, were searching for. I am always amazed at how many people search "Beth Chapman's nails," that is consistently among the highest keyword searches. I mean they are good but they aren't THAT good. Anyway, I love using Google Analytics even if I don't always know what everything means. Hello bounce rate, whatever you are. In fact I am sure that I probably only use a third of the analytics features. So if there is anyone out there who has there own personal analytics faves and wants to share how they snoop on their blog viewers please feel free to share them in the comments below. Trust me you information will not go to waste.

O yea and hi to all my readers in New Zealand. It makes me sad when you guys don't read the blog, so I figured I would dedicate this post to you in a cheap ploy to up my viewership among Kiwis. Love you!

2 comments:

Ashwin said...

You can also track your readers by the city they are from, which I think is more interesting than the whole continent they are from. I don't use Analytics that much and don't care too much about it but it's good to have it there. I find their help forum quite useful though.

liza101 said...

thanks for the tip.