Friday, February 13, 2009

My new television obsessions

When you spend as much time writing from home, on all things popular culture, as I do, you watch a fair amount of TV. But I have forgone a lot of the bullshit out there and now keep it strictly business. Of course I do my sociological research with The City and all Its affiliates. And I love a lot of what I get on TMN - The United States of Tara, is really strong and a stand out for me right now. I am also into Paul Gross's ZOS, great rebound from Paschendale. ZOS which stands for Zones of Operation is like Generation Kill but it's about the Canadian UN mission in the Balkins, so there isn't as much large-scale confrontation or outright stupidity. It is really good. Plus, Flight of Conchords is back and on track for a great season.
But there have been some recent surprises to my television programing. Because of the writing I have been missing The View. It might also be because I am still mourning Rosie's departure. O well, I still love the ladies I just don't feel like watching. But I have been obsessed with "808" a show which was recently mentioned in this New York Times piece. "808" is a reality based show about life on Oahu's North Shore. Ok fine it's about hot surfer boys. I have also watched a lot of The Volvo Ocean Race Weekly, a recap of the Volvo Ocean Sailing Race, which is so awesome. And also full of hotties. I have noticed this winter too, unlike years past, that all of the Vancouver 2010 hype is getting me into both The World Alpine and World of Skiing. Both of which I have been watching non-stop. Anyway now you know I spend my day watching other people be athletic.

No comments: