Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Times of India

New Year's Eve, night before leaving


And a Happy New Year for someone else it seems.



World's best sublet -er.


World's best boyfriend seeing me off


Had to be sure to represent Canada with my going away outfit.


Late night at Swatow. I'll miss you too Dave


Leavin' on a jet plane


How very My Moon My Man


indeed


I'll take it January 3rd.




It was months before I knew what that hose was for


first Kingfisher



first elephant at the temple


Looking back now I can see that the temple at Tiruvannamalia was pretty stunning. That was not how I felt at the time. Sick, that's how I felt.



Pondi



The site of my first bout of heat stroke. Justy looks good though



Chennai airport. They love Canada everywhere obvs.



Oh you know, just your average once in a lifetime solar eclipse in Varkala


hello there


First ghats, I was overly excited.


First burn. I mean tan



Justin will kill me for this.


I loved the coffee


backwater boat cruise


the piglets of Goa


it's aight eh?


Arambol


this one's for you


our best friend in Arambol


um excuse me.


Udaipur, yea it's stunning.


Just your average palace


Did I mention about Udaipur. Yea it's stunning


Rajasthani dancin'


beat that hooker!


Accidentally got too much attention in my short skirt at the zoo. Justin thought it was hilarious. He took this picture.


High tea at the palace


um yea. Highlight for sure


Look casual Justin


The temple in Udaipur


Hello monkey.


Lake Pushkar. The one that is all dried up, that one.


Agra


Where's the Taj you wonder?


I know it's here somewhere


This might be it


Taj booties


I guess it is real.


More Agra


Agra Fort. Look who decided to join us, the Sun.


Too bad we're on our way to Rishikesh


Hiking at dawn.


O nothing special just the Himalayas.


The whole crew



My parents are so athletic


O is that a waterfall with a swimming grotto? I think so.


That's right folks that is a two man shovel. Ashley, do you see that? Why didn't we think of that? Indians are masters at making one man jobs into two even three man affairs.


Indian construction. That's no Taj Mahal let me tell you.


Amit, needs no explaination.


property


the Ganges


Beatle's Ashram


A little worse for wear


morbid much?


John is that you


Paul, George, Ringo?


The yoga hall we presume


More decay




Not gonna lie, it was a bit creepy.



Rishikesh


Rishikesh


Holi


Varanasi


I know I shit talked it a lot, but it was still pretty georgous


yea definitely georgous


she's very, "Namaste"


I know I know


Varanasi Laundry


Hey cutie


Hey yourself.


More Varanasi "Namaste"


Alright, maybe we didn't give Varanasi enough credit




Boat ride at dawn, "and on your left a dead body, human."


Puja (sp?)


I do love my coffee


Grandpa Rickshaw who took us to the hospital.


Headin' to the "shram


24 hour train trips make Justy cranky


that is until the chai whalla shows up


Nashik, it's aight eh?


First sunset at the 'shram


local ladies

arrival


the ashram from above


keepin' 'er clean.


powers out, again.


yogs


My ashram boyfrien Haman


work those shoulders


Vaman Yay!


get ready for it


okay here we go

sexy!

I'd do me.


Trimbak, the nearest town. One of my favourite places in India



It was quite picturesque


beautiful eh?


opps powers out again.


Elena, "If I stay here I will die."
She's from Bulgaria


mantra


mantra


my mantra -chai


rickshaw drivers


Man-got-to go!


No comments: