Thursday, December 4, 2008

Buffalo... who knew?

We got a late start on Sunday. Breakfast for six. The unload at Massey St. Then we sat at the border for an hour. We took that time to take care of the essentials at duty free. I came up with an idea about a tv drama series set at the border. That was after we watched an aggressive detention in the lane over from us, four cars up. (I later found out that the CBC started airing The Border last January. I actually turned it on Monday when I got home.) We were almost over and into Buffalo, but it was getting late and I was getting antsy. But Paul would not be deterred from the Albright-Knox, and with Emily-Rose along for the ride I was gonna have to swallow my concerns. And Kim needed a fix.

I can't believe that Buffalo has been there all this time, and I never got it. I knew it was a rust-bin classic, with an important history as a once rich city. I have actually spent some harrowing time at both the Buffalo airport and the Greyhound bus station, so I had seen some of the downtown landmarks. And I can remember being at the old train station when I was young. The Albright-Knox, is world-class. And it rivals anything I have seen, not as big as some, but intense on the same level. The only let down was that the restaurant was closed, so we had to go elsewhere.
And that was when we hit the property tour.


There was still some pretty good light.

I particularly like this one for sale at a cool $700,000. That is significant land, and canapy coverage.



And for good measure the dramatically lit State Hospital.

No comments: