Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is election day USA

As Americans go to the polls today to vote for the next American President I am reminded of the Michael Connell deposition in the Ohio-Racet case. Conneell is an IT guy, often called the Republican's high IQ Forest Gump, because he has been on the scene of every dubious election, going back to Florida 2000. Yesterday he underwent two hours of questioning at the order of an Ohio Federal Court Judge. Connell's lawyers had tried desperately to put of the deposition until after the election. Although the transcript of the deposition has not been released, it was a major coup to get Connell in before the election. The links below are a few articles I have found about this case, and the video from Brad's Blog will give you a sense of what is going on. Democracy Now also covered the story yesterday and had NYU professor Mark Crispin Miller, author of Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy, on to discuss this important case. American Federal elections in my opinion should have Federal regulations, not State regulations and all elections should be cast via paper ballots. But I bet you Barrrrrakk wont do anything about election reform if he is able to get elected tonight. And if for some reason the GOP pulls off a win tonight I guarantee there will have been some vote stealing, foul -play afoot. I also bet is will cause rioting in major US cities.

Kansas City Star
here's the Brad Blog link

1 comment:

PhillM said...

I woke up this morning with a smile... it's November 5th and I am proud to be an American:)

Though I am disappointed in my own state in passing Pro 8... or as some of my friends have named is, Prop h8(sound it out... it'll make sense).