Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tony Wonder

Paul sent this link to me this morning. The article is from Bloomberg.com . It is not very well written, but it's a good read for theatre fans, because Bloomberg focuses on the money and the structure, angles that I find interesting. I am not sure that I agree with the conclusion that something is wrong with the Tony's. I think it's great that a show as bad as The Little Mermaid is not a major Tony contender, even if it did cost millions. I also think that the role of non-profits like Roundabout are essential. That is a section of the market that has been missing in Toronto, and one that Emerging Art Productions is hoping to take on. (More on that later). Anyway feel free to read the article, the link is below.

:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=apz9AcUScWA4&refer=muse

No comments: