Saturday, July 17, 2010

Too much to say...

I of course have a million things to tell you, and of course I will get to it all some day...

but for now just a quick update. I got back to San Francisco after five days in Yosemite. Stunning. Duh. And I feel giddy to be home again. Today I went to this and this. Had lunch at one of my favourite Mexican restaurants in the Embarcadero. And dinner with Teela. The weather today was perfect. I wandered all over downtown. Got some great pictures. The Fisher collection at MOMA was incredible. I can not over stress how good it was. I have never seen a show that good at SF MOMA before. The Fishers' stuff adds so much to the museum's holdings. It is a major coop for them. I am only sorry the camera died half way through. At the Asian Art Museum part of me wondered why, after six months in Asia, I needed to spent three hours looking at Buddhas and Ganesha but I got there right on time to hear the docent guide a tour through the Shanghai exhibit. That was my whole purpose for going so it was worth it. I am looking forward to getting back to Toronto. The photo posts are gonna be epic. Flying home Tuesday so see you soon. If you are in SF meet me here or here.

I promise when I get back three things,

1.) I will post lots
2.) They will be carefully constructed artsy photo posts, ( I will try not to bore you.)
3.) Travel updates, including Beijing, Shanghai, Yosemite and SF.

and

4.) I will return to your regularly scheduled program of daily musings about all things irrelevant, amusing, and entirely narcissistic. So in essence much the same but with pictures.

No comments: