Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tour de France

Four years ago, around this time I was living in Geneve and I was blessed with a sports summer much like this one. The Euro Cup, Wimbledon, Tour de France and the Olympics. You will never appreciate intense sports coverage until you live somewhere where you don't speak the language. But the most exciting, and unexpected thing was how obsessed I became with the Tour de France. Coverage of this historic race in North America is dismal, all we ever get is highlights, except on OLN. Which is why I have been watching OLN every morning since the race began. Above I posted the coverage of stage 1. Stage 5 begins tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. The race is even more exciting now that Lance is not dominating the sport.

update: Stefan Schumacher, of Germany, took over the yellow jersey after stage 4 today. Which means he is the overall leader for now.

No comments: